May 1st – October 20th
This adventure is for people of all ages who are looking to explore 50,000 square miles of extraordinary wilderness with their own helicopter. Our guides will take you to 10,000 year old glaciers, mountain tops, old growth forests, white sand beaches, waterfalls, pristine lakes, remote islands, hot springs, isolated rivers, and cultural museums. At each location you may find yourself heli-hiking, swimming, rafting, drifting, fishing, learning, playing, taking photos, or wildlife viewing. This adventure is tailored to the specific desires of each group, and the possibilities are truly endless.
Visit our 360 Virtual Video Experience for a taste of your adventure.
Rates vary depending on the number of people in your group and the number of helicopters required. Please refer to the Rates-at-a-Glance page for more information.
Included Activities and Amenities
- Guided fishing, waterfall visits, old growth forest walks, west coast beach combing
- Guided heli-hiking
- Guided kayaking, paddle boarding, Great Bear Rainforest hiking
- Glacier tours
- Gourmet picnic lunches
- Gourmet breakfasts and dinners in our family style dining room
- All house alcohol
- Full use of resort amenities.
- Round trip transportation from Port Hardy to Nimmo Bay
Weather Day Activities
Being located in the middle of the Great Bear Rainforest, Nimmo Bay Resort is subject to certain amounts of rain, wind, and fog. Most days, this will not prevent you from enjoying your Helicopter Adventure however, if Mother Nature does not want us to fly, we have other activities to keep you busy. In the event of a weather day your adventure activities may include:
- Saltwater halibut fishing on our 36’ covered boat
- Saltwater salmon fishing in our flat bottom aluminum boat
- Fly fishing in Big Nimmo Bay off the beach
- Guided forest hikes
- Fly fishing lessons
- Whale watching tours
- Day kayak trips
- Fitness room
- Yoga classes
- Bear watching tours
- Ocean waterfall tours
- Cultural tours
Helicopter day trip cancellations:
Helicopter day trips are pre-booked and cannot be changed at the guest’s request. If a guest is ill or if Mother Nature isn’t agreeing with us, we will do our best to make up for the loss, however there are no refunds for last minute cancellations or changes.
* Transfers from Port Hardy are not exclusive for helicopter day trips*